Mar 9, 2015

1

February 2015 - Red Bull King of the Air.

This year I finally had the chance to watch live one of the biggest kiteboarding events of the year, the Red Bull King of the Air which happens in Cape Town every year. For the first time the event got split in three different days as the wind didn't cooperate, on the first day not much action happened as the riders were riding 11m kites and these aren't the best conditions to go big and pull extreme stuff. On the second and third day the wind was way stronger, specially on the third day I remember to be sitting at the beach and you could feel the adrenaline, the beach vibe everyone was shouting and cheering for the riders on the finals, it happened fast but the action was intense and fulfilled with amazing jumps. The highlight of the day was probably Ruben Lenten and his K.O. crash, he went for a really big dangle pass on really shallow water and got totally chained on the landing. I thought he was dead for a few seconds but I guess he deserved to survive ;)


The final was such a battle between Aaron and Kevin, I think Aaron really deserved the win as he pushed kiteboarding to next levels with Mega loop KGB's and Double dangle passes. Congrats to him! 

During the contest I got the chance to film for the second episode of #TEAMMATES showcasing my team mates of course and all my friends and people who were hanging out with us during the event. Enjoy! 



Cheers from the south of Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment